The Veterans Bursary Program has been established to disburse monies from the Bursary Fund from an order issued The Federal Court of Canada on April 15, 2013. The order outlines the terms of settlement in the matter of Manuge v Her Majesty The Queen, T-463-07 (the "Order"). Paragraph 10 of the Order provided for the establishment of a fund, the "Bursary Fund" in the amount of $10 million dollars to be administered AUCC for the benefit of Class Members and other beneficiaries as provided for in the Order.
- A Class Member of the above noted court order OR a Class Member’s spouse, child, grandchild, niece or nephew that is selected by the Class Member.
- A Class Member’s child, grandchild, niece or nephew can be a biological child, legally adopted child, stepchild, common-law child, or a ward in legal guardianship.
- Studies must be at the post-secondary level and applicable towards a degree program (e.g. bachelor’s, Master’s or doctoral), a first professional degree program (e.g. Education, Law, Medicine), a diploma/CEGEP technical diploma program or a certificate program.
- Part-time or full-time studies are permitted.
- Studies may be on site, by correspondence, distance education or online.
- Recognized or authorized institutions in Canada listed in the Directory of Universities, Colleges and Schools in the Provinces and Territories of Canada of the Canadian
- Deadline: May 01, 2015
- More info at: https://juno.aucc.ca/veterans_guidelines_en.pdf