The Killam Fellowships Program provides an opportunity for exceptional undergraduate students from universities in Canada to spend either one semester or a full academic year as an exchange student in the United States. Students may participate in the program either as a direct exchange student, or as a self-placed visiting student.
The Killam Fellowships Program provides a cash award of $5,000 US per semester ($10,000 for the full academic year), a three day orientation in Ottawa, and a three day spring seminar in Washington. In addition, the Foundation provides all Killam Fellows with a health insurance allowance of $500 US. All Killam Fellows are also eligible to apply for a mobility (in-country travel) grant in an amount not to exceed $800 US.
- must be Canadian citizens;
- be full-time undergraduate students in good standing at a degree granting institution in Canada;
- have met the eligibility requirements of their home university;
- be fluent in the English language (and/or French, where appropriate); have a superior and competitive academic record;
- have completed the application process prior to the published deadlines,
- in the case of the direct exchange applicants; and, be nominated by one’s home university.
- Must be registered at one of the participating Canadian universities:
- Planning to visit one of the participating American universities:
Deadline: February 2, 2015
More info at: http://www.killamfellowships.com/programs/canadians/awards