Hydro One has a history of supporting women in developing satisfying professional careers for mutual benefit. Part of this support has been community engagement through avenues such as the College Consortium and the University Partnership. 15 Scholarships of $5,000 each are available for women studying engineering at the undergraduate level in accredited Ontario universities. Women receiving a scholarship will also have the opportunity to engage in a paid developmental work term with Hydro One.
- Canadian citizens or landed immigrants enrolled in full time study in an accredited Ontario University.
- While preference will be given to electrical engineering students, women completing their second year of engineering studies in other areas of specialization are also encouraged to apply.
- Of good academic standing with a strong GPA.
- Have strong oral and written communication skills.
- Engaged in outreach, volunteer or educational activities with younger girls (OPTIONAL)
Deadline: December 31, 2014
More info at: http://www.hydroone.com/Awards/