The Horatio Alger Ontario Scholarship is offered to full-time students in Ontario with financial need. The scholarship is awarded to students who have demonstrated integrity and perseverance in overcoming adversity, strength of character, a good academic record, a commitment to pursue a post-secondary education, and a desire to contribute to society.
- Enrollment in their terminal year of high school and taking classes during spring 2014;
- Students who have already graduated from high school are not eligible to apply for this scholarship;
- A strong commitment to pursuing and completing a degree at an accredited public or private post-secondary institution in Canada;
- Critical financial need ($50,000 or less net income per family is preferred; if higher, an explanation must be provided);
- Involvement in co-curricular and community activities;
- A minimum grade percentage of 65 attend a high school and live in Ontario;
- and Canadian citizenship.
- Deadline: January 10, 2014
- More information at: https://www.horatioalger.ca/en/scholarships/program_ontario