As a student in Practical Nursing, you’ll learn nursing theory in class, online and through hands-on clinical placements. In addition, you will study anatomy and physiology, English and take general education subjects such as psychology and Canadian studies.
Experience in the nursing practical laboratory and in several hospital and community settings will be integral to your studies.
In order to practice in Ontario as a Registered Practical Nurse, Practical Nursing Program graduates must be successful in the Canadian Practical Nurse Registration Examination administered by the College of Nurses of Ontario and must maintain their registration certificate. As a result of regulations arising out of the Nursing Act 1991, applicants for registration in Ontario must not have:
- been convicted of a criminal offence or an offence under the Narcotic Control Act (Canada) or the Food and Drugs Act (Canada)
- any physical or mental condition/illness that may affect ability to practice.
Applicants who do not meet this requirement will be reviewed by the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) to determine if registration will be granted.
Successful Ontario registrants are eligible for registration throughout Canada (French required in Quebec).
AVAILABLE: WINTER, FALL
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent with:
- Grade 12 English: ENG4(C) or ENG4(U)
- Grade 11 Biology: (C)
- Grade 12 Physics or Chemistry: (C) or (U) (Grade 11U is accepted)
- Grade 12 Mathematics: (C) or (U) or Grade 11 Mathematics (U) or (M)
- OR Mature Student Status (age 19 or older) with the above prerequisite course(s), their equivalent(s) or appropriate Academic and Career Entrance (ACE) Certificate program credits.
Need to know more about your application and/or the application process? Reach out to our admissions advisors for assistance.
DOMESTIC – KING
Cathy Dawson 416.491.5050 ext. 55026 Catherine.Dawson@senecacollege.ca
DOMESTIC – YORKGATE
Maureen Massicot 416.491.5050 ext. 22014 Maureen.Massicot@senecacollege.ca
416.491.5050 ext. 22364 InternationalAdmissions@senecacollege.ca
More Info: http://www.senecacollege.ca/programs/fulltime/PND.html