In this four-semester program, learn and discover the concepts and techniques related to hotel and restaurant operations, food preparation and service, front and back office operations as well as marketing, financial analysis, accounting and intercultural team dynamics. Gain a thorough foundation of national and international markets, exceptional guest service, industry standard software applications, leadership, cultural diversity and management skills. Networking with industry partners through guest speakers, events and field trips, or becoming a VIP ambassador for the School of Hospitality and Tourism along with a six month paid externship will give you a competitive edge.
Upon successful completion of the program, you will have attained several industry certifications, with the relevant training in Food Handling, Smart Serve, First Aid and CPR, and Workplace Hazardous Materials Information Systems (WHMIS).
Studying and working in the Seneca uniform will allow you to become practiced in formal, occupation-specific presentation and prepare you for the working world.** You’ll gain work experience through an externship or optional co-op placement between year one and two of the program – allowing you to network and build industry connections prior to graduation.
* As a student in this program you will need to purchase a uniform and obtain industry certifications at a fee. These measures are vital to the program curriculum and contribute to your professional experience and success.
** Externships are paid work integrated learning opportunities to gain industry experience and network with industry professionals.
International Travel/Study Abroad
As a student in the Hospitality Management – Hotel and Restaurant Services Management program you are eligible to apply to study abroad and may qualify for an externship placement position at one of the following international institutions:
- Federal Institute of Ceará (IFCE) Forteleza, Brazil
- Zulu Nyala Game Lodge – South Africa
- Les Roches International School of Hotel Management Switzerland.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent with:
- Grade 12 English: ENG4(C) or ENG4(U)
- Grade 11 Mathematics: (C) or (U)
- OR Mature Student Status (age 19 or older) with the above prerequisite course(s), their equivalent(s) or appropriate Academic and Career Entrance (ACE) Certificate program credits.