This eight-month graduate certificate program is delivered by a team of expert faculty members who will advance your knowledge of digital media fundamentals including social media platforms, tools, and techniques. You will learn to create content, develop campaigns and implement social media and digital engagement strategies to help organizations achieve their objectives.
Through hands-on learning, you will learn how social media can be used in an organizational context. This program was developed in close consultation with industry leaders to ensure that you learn what is relevant, applicable across multiple disciplines and currently in demand
Throughout this program you will develop the following skills:
Develop and implementing a comprehensive social media strategy
Use web data and analytics to optimize marketing processes
Identify and capitalizing on engagement opportunities to drive business goals
Create relevant, engaging visual communications to enhance your brand’s marketing
Identify ways to reduce marketing costs and improve online engagement
You will benefit from one hundred hours of field placement in a professional setting. This component is critical to your career success and a requirement for graduation.
When you graduate from this program, these are the types of career options that you can explore:
- Brand ambassador
- Community manager
- Content strategist
- Customer relations specialist
- Digital content manager
- Digital media manager
- Digital marketing manager
- Interactive marketing manager
- Marketing co-ordinator
- Social analytics manager
- Social media analyst
- Social media co-ordinator
- Social media community manager
- Social media content curator
- Social media specialist
- Social media strategist
This program is supported by the following partners:
- Salesforce: Seneca is one of the first postsecondary institutions in North America to provide students with a competitive edge by integrating the Salesforce training into our unique Social Media program. You will learn the ins-and-outs of salesforce.com’s industry-leading social media marketing applications. Upon graduation, you will be eligible to write the Salesforce Marketing Cloud certification exam.
- Hootsuite: As a student of this program, you will also be enrolled in Hootsuite academy. Upon completion of the Hootsuite Platform Training courseware, you may graduate with a Hootsuite Platform Certification.
- Sysomos: Upon Graduation, you will be eligible to successfully pass a Sysomos certification exam. This is industry recognized certification and it is highly desirable to employers.
- Ahrefs: Upon graduation, students will be able to use Ahrefs, a digital marketing (SEO) intelligence tool, and perform various tasks such as keyword research, competitor analyses, content gap analyses, content audits, SEO technical analyses and backlink audits. Ahrefs follows new tendencies in the world of SEM and SEO so that new grads will be fully equipped with the latest updates and features to utilize in their work.
- American Marketing Association: The American Marketing Association is the essential community for marketers and is committed to promoting the high-test standard of the professional ethical norms and values for its members (practitioners, academics and students).
- Canadian Marketing Association (CMA): The CMA is the voice of the marketing profession in Canada. With over 400 members, we represent leaders across the corporate, not-for-profit, public, postsecondary and health sectors. We provide a forum for the members to engage in thought leadership discussions, participate in professional development offerings and contribute to an environment where consumers are protected and businesses can thrive.
- Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) of Canada: IAB Canada is the national voice and thought leader of the Canadian interactive marketing and advertising industry. We are the only trade association exclusively dedicated to the development and promotion of the digital marketing and advertising sector in Canada.
- Greater Toronto Marketing Alliance: The Greater Toronto Marketing Alliance is a full-service call centre solution for your business with our agents handling all points of contact.