This program introduces the learner to the highly interconnected world known as the Internet of Things (IoT) and examines how the IoT shapes every facet of our personal, professional, and social, lives. Learners will explore the entire IoT ecosystem and develop an appreciation for, and understanding of, the ethical and legal applications of this technology. It examines the various systems and processes that comprise the IoT from the electronic sensors and actuators that allow us to interact with the physical world, the network technology which allows the devices to communicate with each other, the cloud and edge computing devices that allow the IoT to function on a global scale, to the software code that ties all of the various devices together in a secure and efficient manner. Business opportunities provided by the IoT will be explored and students will have the opportunity to work with a business partner to design, develop, and install an IoT solution for a real-world problem.
- This program has been developed in collaboration with industry partners such as Amazon, GM, and The City of Toronto.
- It is delivered in a continuous format allowing students to graduate within 12 months of enrollment.
- Convenient scheduling ensures this program is available to those currently employed.
- Business and Entrepreneurial opportunities presented by the IoT are explored and cutting-edge equipment and technology is examined.
- Learners have the opportunity to gain real world experience with our industry partners.
- system design
- computer science
- machine learning
- artificial intelligence
- application development
- cloud development and security
- wireless technology
- edge computing
- big data analysis
- IoT systems development
Completion of a diploma, advanced diploma, or degree:
- Software Engineering (Technology/Technician)
- Network Engineering (Degree/Technology/Technician)
- Electronics Engineering
- Computer Systems
- Computer Science/Computer Engineering
Consideration for acceptance in the program will also be given to applicants who have completed 50% of a diploma, advanced diploma, or degree in these programs, with a a minimum of two years of work experience in these fields.
- English language proficiency
How to Apply
If you are applying through the Better Jobs Ontario Program, please apply at the Employment Training Centre (Progress Campus). The Better Jobs Ontario Program is a funding initiative for those who have been laid-off and are in need of training. For more information go to Better Jobs Ontario Program
If you have previously attended a full-time program at Centennial College, you may be eligible for a Program Transfer. Visit Enrolment Services at any Campus for information.
All other applicants must apply online at Ontariocolleges.ca A non-refundable application fee of $110 must accompany applications. The fee is payable online, by telephone, online banking, by mail, or in-person to Ontariocolleges.ca. For more information go to Ontariocolleges.ca Application Fees
Apply directly to Centennial College here
2. Submit Documents
Current Ontario high school students and graduates from Ontario high schools: Notify your guidance counsellor that you have applied to college and your school will forward transcripts to Centennial College via Ontariocolleges.ca.
Graduates of college/university, or high school outside Ontario but within Canada: You are responsible for requesting that your educational institute sends any required documents and transcripts to Ontariocolleges.ca.
Domestic applicants who attended school outside of Canada: If you are submitting transcripts to meet admission requirements, you must have the transcripts assessed by an independent credential assessment agency such as World Education Services (WES) or International Credential Assessment Service (ICAS). For more information go to Submitting your Transcripts
Please refer to the International Education Application Guide
3. Confirm Your Offer of Admission
Offers of Admission are sent by mail to eligible applicants. When you receive your offer, you must login to your account at Ontariocolleges.ca and confirm before the Deadline to Confirm noted in your offer letter.
You may confirm only one college and one program offer at a time.
You must confirm your offer by the Deadline to Confirm noted in your Offer of Admission letter or your seat may be given to another applicant.
When you confirm your Offer of Admission at Centennial College you are given access to your personal myCentennial account where you can check your email, grades, register for courses, pay tuition fees, and see your class timetable.
4. Pay Fees
Centennial fees statements are sent by email to your personal email account and to your myCentennial email account. Fees statements are not mailed.
You must make a minimum payment by the Fees Deadline noted in your Fees Statement or your seat may be given to another applicant.
5. Build Your Timetable (Register for Courses)
Build your timetable (web-register for courses) at my.centennialcollege.ca
Fall registration begins mid-July
January registration begins mid-December
May registration begins mid-April
Your web-registration will not open if:
You have not submitted your minimum fee payment by the deadline
You received a Conditional Offer of Admission and you have not met the conditions of your offer.
Once you have paid your fees or have made appropriate arrangements, register for your courses online through myCentennial
Program Vocational Learning Outcomes
Program Vocational Learning Outcomes describe what graduates of the program have demonstrated they can do with the knowledge and skills they have achieved during their studies. The outcomes are closely tied to the needs of the workplace. Through assessment (e.g., assignments and tests), students verify their ability to reliably perform these outcomes before graduating.
- Analyze, design, and document the requirements for a secure Internet of Things computing environment to meet industry needs.
- Implement, maintain, verify, and troubleshoot secure Internet of Things computing environments to meet industry requirements.
- Communicate and collaborate with team members and stakeholders in a multi-disciplinary environment to ensure effective working relationships.
- Evaluate and monitor Internet of Things projects in a multi-disciplinary environment to ensure adherence to project management and secdevops principles.
- Evaluate the development and management of Internet of Things solutions to ensure full compliance with ethical, social, legal, regulatory, and economic requirements.
- Enhance Internet of Things solutions by applying a process of continuous integration of new architecture and systems in response to emerging trends.
- Design, implement, maintain, and troubleshoot data storage to optimize Internet of Things solutions.
- Integrate secure network communications into Internet of Things solutions to adhere to protocol standards.
- Analyze, plan, design, implement and administer Internet of Things and cloud solutions to conform to industry standards.
- Automate tasks in the Internet of Things by applying scripting and programming languages to increase system efficiency.
- Design, build, test and troubleshoot electronic circuits, equipment, systems, and subsystems in accordance with job requirements, functional specifications, and relevant standards.
- Develop strategies for entrepreneurial growth and development that enhance career opportunities and maintain currency with the IT industry.