In Centennial College’s Global Business Management program, you’ll gain the skill set to embark on a borderless career.
The two-year business certificate program, facilitated by The Business School, will deliver a unique blend of management and international concepts to train you to effectively lead in the international business environment.
Global Business Management courses will cover core business topics such as project management, business communications, financial and managerial accounting, operations management, human resources management, and management and leadership to ensure you can navigate any business environment. Additionally, you’ll gain knowledge in specialized global business topics:
- International business law
- International entrepreneurship and innovation
- Global business research and analysis
- International business planning
- International marketing
- International sales and negotiation
- International finance and banking
- Corporate social responsibility and international development
- Business networking
To help you retain information, you’ll learn these topics in small seminar classes, listen to lectures by guest speakers, industry visits, present research reports and more.
Upon graduation from this college business program, you’ll have skills and knowledge that will allow you to confidently pursue entry-level management roles and be transferable across several industries.
- The Global Business Management program challenges you to grow and make connections through various networking opportunities throughout the program.
- Students who are successful in the program possess strong analytical and numeracy skills, are highly organized with an ability to plan and prioritize, thrive under pressure and have the ability to meet deadlines.
- Successful graduates develop strong interpersonal skills, are innovative problem solvers and decision makers, are comfortable working within a team environment and have a willingness to learn new things.
- International students who successfully complete Centennial’s Global Business Management program may be eligible to apply for a work permit (up to three years) upon graduation.
- Entrepreneur in import/export
- Product broker
- International marketing manager
- Foreign investment analyst
- Logistics/transportation manager
- Corporate social responsibility manager
- Commercial bank officer
- Customs broker
- Trade representative
- Business consultant
Successful graduates of this Global Business Management Graduate Certificate program have the opportunity to apply their credits toward further study at the degree level.
Upon successful completion of the Global Business Management program, you may be eligible for the Certified International Trade Professional (CITP) designation, in accordance with the process prescribed by the Forum for International Trade Training (FITT). You are also eligible for the Canadian International Freight Forwarding Association (CIFFA) certificate, in accordance with the process prescribed by CIFFA. Please visit the organizations’ websites for more information on these designations.
You will be exempted from the academic requirements leading to the Certified in Management (CIM) professional designation. After graduation from The Business School program, you will have met all of the requirements for the CIM designation once you have completed two years of managerial work experience.
Areas of Employment
- International business development
- International development
- International services such as consulting and education
- Small to medium-sized international entrepreneurship and innovation
- Trade and investment
- Global management
- Customs brokerages
- Global logistics/transportation
- Business consulting
- Non-profit and government sectors
- Freight forwarding
- Degree or a three-year college diploma in any discipline
- We will consider applicants who have a two-year college diploma or a partial university degree (75% complete), and who have a minimum of two years’ work experience relevant to the program (transcript and resume review required).
- English language proficiency
The two-year Global Business Management program fulfilled my business aspirations. In addition, Centennial’s Leadership Passport credential and the Global Citizenship learning experiences sounded like amazing opportunities to round out my education, something other colleges did not offer.
How to Apply
If you are applying through the Better Jobs Ontario Program, please apply at the Employment Training Centre (Progress Campus). The Better Jobs Ontario Program is a funding initiative for those who have been laid-off and are in need of training. For more information go to Better Jobs Ontario Program
If you have previously attended a full-time program at Centennial College, you may be eligible for a Program Transfer. Visit Enrolment Services at any Campus for information.
All other applicants must apply online at Ontariocolleges.ca .A non-refundable application fee of $110 must accompany applications. The fee is payable online, by telephone, online banking, by mail, or in-person to Ontariocolleges.ca. For more information go to Ontariocolleges.ca Application Fees
Apply directly to Centennial College
Current Ontario high school students and graduates from Ontario high schools: Notify your guidance counsellor that you have applied to college and your school will forward transcripts to Centennial College via Ontariocolleges.ca.
Graduates of college/university, or high school outside Ontario but within Canada: You are responsible for requesting that your educational institute sends any required documents and transcripts to Ontariocolleges.ca.
Domestic applicants who attended school outside of Canada: If you are submitting transcripts to meet admission requirements, you must have the transcripts assessed by an independent credential assessment agency such as World Education Services (WES) or International Credential Assessment Service (ICAS)
Program Vocational Learning Outcomes
Program Vocational Learning Outcomes describe what graduates of the program have demonstrated they can do with the knowledge and skills they have achieved during their studies. The outcomes are closely tied to the needs of the workplace. Through assessment (e.g., assignments and tests), students verify their ability to reliably perform these outcomes before graduating.
1. Collect, process and interpret data used to support international business
2. Develop, execute and analyze the results of a comprehensive global business plan which includes complete marketing, operations, financial and human resources strategies and tactics, taking into account the impact of various economic, legal, cultural, geographical, and political situations on international business
3. Conduct business with diverse populations using culturally appropriate methods in compliance with relevant national and international law, legislation, policies, and regulations.
4. Assist in the importing and exporting functions of a business.
5. Plan, direct, execute and evaluate individual and team projects
6. Implement strategies utilizing domestic and foreign government programs, policies, and agencies which facilitate international trade.
7. Apply financial knowledge and skill to the operation of an international business.
8. Apply leadership and teamwork skills establishing and maintaining working relationships with coworkers, supervisors, clients, customers and consumers
9. Apply quality control and assurance programs to sourcing and supplying.
10. Apply the principles of business ethics and international corporate responsibility.
11. Develop new products and services consistent with evolving market needs.
12. Evaluate the viability of marketing a product or service in an international market or markets.
13. Develop personal professional development strategies and plans to enhance leadership and management skills.
Telephone416-289-5000 ext. 2280