Want to take your skills and abilities in the IT sector to the next level? Become a leader in securing and managing an organization’s cloud infrastructure and gain the skills employers need to support one of the fastest growing fields in IT.
The Cloud Computing program is ideal for individuals with previous experience and education in computer systems, programming or cybersecurity and who want to capitalize on the increasing demand from IT organizations for new professionals to help them secure and manage their cloud infrastructure.
Beyond the classroom, students will have the opportunity to pursue unique experiential learning opportunities through the Durham College AI Hub and Centre for Cybersecurity Innovation, and can pursue an optional work term that will provide them with critical real-world experience. All of this means that upon graduation, students will have the knowledge, skills and expertise to succeed in an industry with strong labour demand, while also preparing for success in challenging a range of industry certifications.
- Ontario College Diploma, Advanced Diploma or Degree, or equivalent
- Recommended: Courses in mathematics, statistics, computer software, computer programming, and enterprise systems.
- Proof of English Language Proficiency required
Durham College is awaiting tuition approval from the Ministry of Colleges and Universities. Until that approval is granted, we can only provide estimated tuition.
- Domestic students should plan for an annual (2 semester) fee of $6,082
- Annual (2 semester) International tuition fee is to be confirmed.
SEMESTER 1 COURSES
- Cloud Computer Careers and Portfolio Development
- Cloud Implementation
- Ethics, Risk Management and Governance
- Introduction to Cloud Computing
- Operating Systems and Network Infrastructure
WHAT YOU COULD BE
- Cloud systems administrator
- Cloud systems developer
- Cloud systems solution architect
- Cloud systems security professional
- Cloud systems engineer
- Development operations engineer
- Data engineer
- Data analyst
- DevOps architect
WHERE YOU COULD WORK
Graduates can work at any organization utilizing a cloud platform, including those utilizing Amazon (AWS), Microsoft (Azure) and Google (GCP) cloud.