In this eight-month graduate certificate program, you will work with innovative and disruptive technologies used in the financial service sector. The program’s expert faculty will outline best practices for product development and entrepreneurship and enhance your understanding of privacy, ethics and the regulatory landscape of financial technology. The program covers topics including cybersecurity, web application and mobile development as well as data analytics for financial services.
Note: Some classes will be taught by web conferencing, with you in the classroom.
In addition to evening classes, you are required to be in-class during regular business hours for a week-long intensive session at the beginning of the program, at the start of the second term and at the end of the
- Ontario university or college degree, or college diploma or equivalent.
- Applicants with an equivalent combination of academic and recent related work experience may be considered for admission through Prior Learning Assessment (PLA). A relevant resumé and references must be provided.
- English proficiency for graduate certificates
Canadian citizens or permanent residents educated outside of Canada must provide a World Education Services (WES) or ICAS Canada credential evaluation.
International Student Information
In addition to the admission requirements, please select your home country for specific information. Please note, that all international applicants must meet Seneca’s
Throughout this program you will develop the following skills:
- Product development and entrepreneurship
- Privacy management
- Financial services and products
- Distributed ledger technology
- Web application
- Mobile development
- Business management
When you graduate from this program, these are the types of career options that you can explore:
- Data analyst
- Financial technology product developer
- Application developer