With our two-year accounting program, you have options:
Complete the program and gain employment in an entry-level position.
Or, If you are considering pursuing a CPA (Chartered Professional Accountant) designation, we now offer 2 + 2 pathway options that allow you to complete your accounting diploma and obtain a university degree in just 4 years.
Take courses common to all Fleming Business School programs in semester one and acquire a solid overview of business and communication skills.
Our faculty members are professionals. CPA’s with industry expertise in wide variety of accounting practices and business organizations, they are also dedicated teachers who will help you succeed.
Developed as a result of our special educational partnership, this agreement marks the first seamless 2 + 2 partnership between a college and university located in the same city.
Our new 2 + 2 diploma-degree pathway from Fleming College to Trent University will save you time, money, and give you the applied learning experience, practical skills and theoretical knowledge for a successful career in the field of accounting.
This agreement does not require you to take extra qualifying courses to enter the degree program.
With this 2 + 2 pathway you:
- Enjoy both a university and college education experience
- Earn two credentials in the time it takes to complete one degree
- Are free during the summer as no additional courses are needed
- Benefit from staying in one location to complete the program
- Qualify to pursue the CPA designation upon graduation Eligible students graduating from Fleming’s two-year accounting program can enter Trent University’s Bachelor of Business Administration, Specialization in Accounting directly and complete their degree in an additional two years without any bridging courses required. You must maintain a 75% overall average and an average of 65% in ACCT 72, ACCT4, ACCT22, ACCT 76, ACCT 80, ACCT 23, and ACCT 77 in order to meet the requirements of the accounting specialization degree at Trent, and the Chartered Professional Accountants (CPA) Canada professional accreditation body.
Get additional direct experience while giving something back to local communities. Students will have the opportunity to apply their classroom knowledge and hone their interpersonal and communication skills through participation in the Canada Revenue Volunteer Income Tax Preparation Clinic. Students will utilize the latest tax software to prepare and e-file tax returns for eligible residents and students in our communities.
Choose the type of accounting career and industry that best suits your interests. Accounting services are required by virtually all enterprises and organizations.
Job opportunities are available at various levels and in many sectors, including: banks, manufacturing and service companies, government ministries, and non-profit or charitable organizations. Positions range from junior accountant to financial analyst, as well as accounting technician or auditor, among others.
If you are 19 years of age or older before classes start, and you do not possess an OSSD, you can write the Canadian Adult Achievement Test to assess your eligibility for admission. Additional testing or academic upgrading may be necessary to meet specific course requirements for this program.