Whether it’s a small business or a large publicly traded corporation, accounting professionals are needed in all areas of the economy, in both the public and private sectors. Our program is taught by industry-connected professors who will give you the skills and knowledge to excel in the field. You will be exposed to QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks Desktop, Sage 50 and Profile. You will also have the opportunity to earn Microsoft Office specialist certifications, making you instantly valuable to an employer.
You will hone your skills and gain valuable work experience through a co-operative education (co-op) option or field placement. This program gives you a powerful combination of knowledge, skills and real-life work experience.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or Mature Student Status
- Grade 12 English (C or U)
- Grade 11 mathematics (C, M or U)
- Year one domestic: $2,722 (CAD)
- Year one international: $14,186 (CAD)
CO-OPERATIVE EDUCATION (CO-OP)
The best way to succeed in your field is to immerse yourself in it! Co-op is an excellent way to build your professional network, explore career paths and apply in-class teachings to real work situations. Co-op is a model of education that integrates academic learning with workplace learning in fields relevant to our students’ academic and personal goals.
WHAT YOU COULD BE:
- Accounting administrator
- Accounts payable/receivable clerk
- Bank teller
- Billing analyst
- Bookkeeper/payroll clerk
- Budget co-ordinator
- Collections officer
- Financial analyst
- Junior accountant
WHERE YOU COULD WORK:
- Accounting firms
- Accounting department in any industry
- Banks and finance companies
- Colleges and universities
- Insurance companies
- Municipal, provincial and federal governments
- Small and large owner-managed businesses
Program Transfer, Degree Completion and Additional Credentials
You will have the opportunity to obtain the technical course requirement to pursue an Advanced Certificate in Accounting and Finance (www.gocpaontario.ca). Subject to additional education and training requirements.