Perimeter Scholars International is a one-year Master’s-level course in theoretical physics designed to bring highly qualified and exceptionally motivated graduate students to the cutting edge of the field in an intense, interactive training environment. Each year up to 30 students from countries around the world will be admitted into the unique PSI program.
Taught by some of the world’s top physicists, students at PSI are fully integrated into the unique international culture and dynamic research atmosphere of a leading centre, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, while earning a Master’s of Science degree from the University of Waterloo in Ontario, Canada.
You should apply if:
- You know you want to pursue theoretical physics, but have not yet committed to a sub-field such as cosmology, particle physics, or quantum information. The PSI program will expose you to the full breadth of theoretical physics in courses taught by world-leading minds in each area, allowing you to discover your area of interest.
- You want to continue your studies with a PhD, working under the guidance of a Perimeter Faculty member.
- You value collaboration over competition, and are interested in conducting research-driven coursework alongside some of the world’s leading theoretical physicists.
- You want to immerse yourself in theoretical physics, push your limits, and experience a once-in-a-lifetime physics “boot camp” among like-minded peers from around the globe.
- Canadian, Permanent Resident, International/Visa Student, Aboriginal
- Biology, Science, Chemistry, Earth & Environmental Sciences, Pharmacy, Physics, Physics and Astronomy, Vision Science
- Living stipend
- Full tuition
- Health insurance
- Books and materials
- Travel supplement
- Winter, Spring, Fall 2015