Lifetime Eyecare offers two very special $1,000 Service Hero Achievement Scholarships to support those special graduating 12th graders who plan to take their education to a higher level. The two scholarships will be awarded to those students who are dedicated to supporting their community, those in need or the planet in general, this scholarship is designed to assist that student in furthering their efforts by supporting their studies.
- You must be a graduating 12th grader who is planning to attend a certified and legitimate post-secondary educational institution
- You must be a student attending a secondary school in one of the following cities: New Westminster, Burnaby, Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Surrey, Delta, Vancouver, Richmond, Port Moody, North Vancouver, Langley, White Rock, Maple Ridge or Ladner.
- You must be a citizen or permanent resident of Canada
- You must graduate from secondary school by July 2014 and plan to begin a post-secondary educational program by January 2015
- Recipient MUST be able to travel to the New Westminster address above to participate in a photograph with Dr. Bachra and any other scholarship winners and must agree to allow Lifetime Eyecare to use their photo image and their profile to highlight scholarship in any marketing or public forum that Lifetime Eyecare chooses and sees fit. Any student applying for this scholarship is acknowledging that they are in conformity with all of these criteria upon submitting their application. Any student NOT in conformity with these criteria will NOT be awarded the scholarship and another student will be chosen.
- You must demonstrate either a history of service or a strong and visible desire to serve others in some form (see below) via your essay and personal or professional references.
- Service can take many forms but would normally involve volunteer or work in areas such as (but not limited to) environmental protection, social welfare, abuse, drug/alcohol addiction, senior assistance, mentoring, disability assistance, education, poverty issues, world/ community peace or economic justice.
- Please include details in your 3-5 page essay regarding your past, present or future work in a service-type area. Be sure to explain why this work is important to you and why you are dedicated to working on this particular issue. Also please explain how this scholarship award will assist you in your efforts to continue or begin your “hero” work.
- Deadline: April 30, 2014
- More information at: http://www.lifetimeeyecare.ca/hero-achievement-scholarship