EDC is Canada’s export credit agency. Their job is to support and develop Canada’s export trade by helping Canadian companies respond to international business opportunities. Their are a self-financing, Crown corporation that operates at arm’s length from the Government.
EDC is pleased to announce the International Business Scholarships for undergraduate university and college students. EDC created this Scholarships because international trade is critical to Canada’s economic prosperity and we’re dedicated to helping students to succeed.
EDC award up to 30 scholarships annually, 25 of which go to undergraduate university or college students interested in pursuing a career or furthering their studies in international business, with up to five additional scholarships for students in programs which combine business with environmental or sustainability studies. An EDC scholarship is worth a $4,000 cash award.
The application process starts in November and ends in February. Scholarships are awarded in spring, and issued in autumn at the start of each academic year.
- A Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Enrolled in a full-time accredited bachelor’s degree at a Canadian university or college.
- Studying business (international business, commerce, finance, economics, accounting, etc.) or business combined with environmental or sustainability courses.
- Returning to full-time studies for the 2016-2017 academic year.
- In excellent academic standing.
- EDC employees and their dependents are not eligible.
- Demonstrated interest in pursuing a career in international business
- Academic achievement (as reflected in the transcripts and/or honours)
- Experience in Canada and abroad (work, internships, volunteering, study exchanges) during the current program
- Leadership potential (as reflected in extracurricular activities)
- Strength of letters of reference
- Language skills
Deadline: February 5th, 2016
More info at: http://www.edc.ca/EN/About-Us/Student-Programs/Youth-Education-Program/Pages/default.aspx