EDC created the International Business Scholarships because international trade is critical to Canada’s economic prosperity and they are dedicated to helping students succeed. They award up to 30 scholarships annually, 25 of which go to undergraduate university or college students interested in pursuing a career or furthering their studies in international business, with up to 5 additional scholarships for students in programs which combine business with environmental or sustainability studies. An EDC scholarship is worth a $4,000 cash award.
- A Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Enrolled in a full-time accredited bachelor’s degree at a Canadian university or college.
- Studying business (international business, commerce, finance, economics, accounting, etc.) or business combined with environmental or sustainability courses.
- Returning to full-time studies for the 2015-2016 academic year.
- In excellent academic standing.
- Demonstrated interest in pursuing a career in international business
- Academic achievement (as reflected in the transcripts and/or honours)
- Experience in Canada and abroad (work, internships, volunteering, study exchanges) during the current program, or concrete plans for obtaining international experience during the 2015-16 academic year
- Leadership potential (as reflected in extracurricular activities)
- Strength of letters of reference
- Language skills
Deadline: February 9, 2015