In recognition of Ryerson University’s goal to attract the very best possible students to the Ted Rogers School of Hospitality and Tourism Management, the following organizations have created competitive entrance awards which are open to all new students entering our program for the first time.
Funds will be distributed as follows: $2,000 in the first year and $1,000 in each of the second, third and fourth year that the student is enrolled in a full course load and provided a minimum of 2.67 Cumulative GPA is maintained. Please note that the Four Seasons Awards are awarded to Canadian Citizens/Permanent Residents/Protected Persons only. The Canadian Hotel Investment Conference Entrance Award, and the Peter Fyvie Entrance Award recipients must be Canadian Citizens/Permanent Residents/a Protected Persons and Ontario residents only.
- Canadian Hotel Investment Conference Entrance Award #1 $2,000
- Canadian Hotel Investment Conference Entrance Award #2 $2,000
- Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Entrance Award $3,000
- Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts Limited Entrance Award #1 $5,000
- Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts Limited Entrance Award #2 $5,000
- Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts Limited Entrance Award #3 $5,000
- Peter Fyvie Entrance Award $1,000
- Marriott Hotel Canada Entrance Award $2,500
- Ryerson Hospitality Alumni Association Entrance Award $1,000
- Ted Rogers School of Hospitality and Tourism Management Annual Fund Entrance Award $2,000
- Toronto Hong Kong Lions Club Entrance Award $1,500
All students entering Ted Rogers School of Hospitality and Tourism Management for the first time will be considered for these prestigious awards provided that they:
- provide a copy of the official transcript that was submitted with their Ryerson application exhibiting high academic performance.
- submit a résumé indicating their past community, industry and scholastic achievements.
- demonstrate in writing, a clear understanding of their motivation for selecting Hospitality and Tourism Management as their field of study at the university level, in a type-written, double-spaced essay not exceeding 750 words in length which addresses the following topic: “Why I Chose Hospitality and Tourism Management for my Professional Academic Education”.
- Deadline: September 5, 2014
- More info at: http://www.ryerson.ca/tedrogersschool/awards/