Global Institute for Water Security (GIWS), University of Saskatchewan is accepting applications for up to 10 PhD Excellence Scholarships to students entering graduate studies at the University. The Canadian and international student is eligible to apply for this scholarship.
This scholarship is offered to students who have outstanding academic records, show research promise, haves exceptional communication, interpersonal and leadership abilities, and are registering for the first time in a PhD program at the University of Saskatchewan.
At the University of Saskatchewan’s Global Institute for Water Security (GIWS), sustainable use of the world’s water resources and protection against natural hazards such as flood and drought are our key priorities. The vision is to undertake world-class research that enables and enhances water security.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue PhD programme.
Study Subject: The proposed PhD research program should be in alignment with at least one of the GIWS themes and GWF research areas, under the supervision of a faculty member of the Global Institute for Water Security, At least 10 awards valued each at $45,000 per year (up to 3 years).
Open to a Canadian and international student who is entering a PhD program for the first time at the University of Saskatchewan. To be eligible, applicants must:
- Have an entrance GPA of at least 85% or equivalent;
- Show evidence of previous research productivity as demonstrated by authorship of refereed journal publications and conference presentations/publications.
Application package should consist of:
- A statement of purpose (max. 3 pages) that details relevant academic excellence, research abilities, communication, interpersonal and leadership qualities;
- An updated curriculum vitae (max. 10 pages)
- Three letters of recommendations attesting to the quality and research ability of the applicant (2 pages max. per letter)
- Students must be nominated by a potential supervisor at UofS ; one letter of support from this supervisor is required, outlining the quality and excellence of the applicant and their alignment with the GIWS and GWF areas of research (max. 2 pages)
Selection Criteria : Selection will be based upon academic achievements (30%), research potential (50%), communication, interpersonal and leadership qualities (20%), as determined by the Award Committee.
Send application package via email to Phani Adapa
Assistant Director, GIWS
Director of Operations, GWF
More info : http://wwwtest.usask.ca/water/students/awards.php#GWFPhDExcellenceScholarships
Deadline : For January 2018 intake, the closing date for receipt of applications is September 15, 2017.
For September 2018 intake, the closing date for receipt of applications is February 15, 2018 .