Our students graduate with skills designed for today’s world. It’s the blend of theoretical and applied learning that sets us apart. That’s why our students graduate with credentials from both the University of Guelph and Humber College Institute of Technology & Advanced Learning – two of Canada’s leading postsecondary institutions.
But the significance of this education is why we’re here.
Our students have the skills, knowledge and credentials to pursue graduate school, or begin their career immediately following graduation. This dual focus is entrenched in our core.
It reveals itself in our classrooms, in the hours of field placement, in our faculty who are both academic and field experts, in our networking opportunities, in our small class sizes, in our international study opportunities, and in our research.
Everything we do is about preparing our students for the today that we know, and for the tomorrow that we don’t. It’s the most relevant and efficient postsecondary education we can offer.
This scholarship recognizes high academic achievement and superior leadership ability and potential. Recipients are eligible to receive $5,000 each academic year for a total of $20,000 over 4 years of full-time study.
To be considered for this scholarship, you must:
- Submit an application by February 28
- Successful completion of the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (or equivalent).
- Successful completion of six Grade 12 U and/or M courses, including program-specific subject requirements and a minimum 90% admissions average
- Applicants must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents entering the first year of post-secondary studies (for the first time)
- Applicants must have applied to the University of Guelph-Humber through the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre by or before the deadline.
- Full-time registration in both semesters.
- This award cannot be held with the Guelph-Humber Student Leadership Scholarship, the University of Guelph’s President’s and Chancellors’ Scholarships or the University of Guelph’s Board of Governors’ Scholarships.
In order to retain the award for second, third and fourth years, recipients must maintain full-time registration, achieve a minimum 80% average each semester and submit an annual report which outlines their participation, accomplishments and leadership in campus and/or community activities each year.
February 28, 2018
207 Humber College Blvd.
Toronto, Ontario, M9W 5L7