The NEADS National Student Awards Program is offered to encourage full access to post-secondary education for persons with disabilities, who often have greater barriers to participation in higher education, as well as extra costs because of their disabilities.
Students must currently be registered in and continuing at post-secondary institution and provide documented proof of registration as part of the application and on receipt of the award. The award will be offered to outstanding applicants who meet the criteria of the program. The awards are paid directly to the post-secondary institution (in the students accounts) that the recipients are attending to defray the cost of tuition fees for post-secondary study.
Criteria and Eligibility:
- Applicants must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada
- Applicants must have a permanent disability
- Applicants must be currently registered in and returning to a full-time program of study at an accredited Canadian post-secondary college or university. Full-time status is at least 40% of a full course load.
- Strong commitment to your academic discipline
- Exemplary record of volunteerism and/or employment
- Demonstrated potential to be an outstanding participant in the community
- Deadline: April 15
- More information at: http://www.neads.ca/