The Horatio Alger Association of Canada provides $1.2 million annually in need-based scholarship support for deserving students in all Canadian provinces and territories.
Scholarships of up to $10,000 are awarded to full-time students in their terminal year of high school with financial need (family income under $65,000) who have demonstrated integrity and perseverance in overcoming adversity, a commitment to pursue a post-secondary education, a desire to contribute to society, and a good academic record.
The Canadian Scholarships are awarded to eligible students across all provinces and territories in Canada.
To be eligible to apply for the Horatio Alger Canadian Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be graduating high school (or be in the final year of CEGEP) with plans to enter university in the fall of 2019
- Exhibit a strong commitment to pursue and complete a bachelor’s degree program at an accredited university
- Demonstrate critical financial need ($65,000 or less annual net income per family is required)
- Be involved in co-curricular and community service activities
- Display integrity and perseverance in overcoming adversity
- Maintain a minimum grade percentage of 65
- Attend high school (or CEGEP) and reside in Canada
- Be Canadian citizens
410 Stanley Street, Suite 1010
Montreal, Quebec H3A 1P8
1 (844) 422-4200
Alumni & Scholarship Recipients
1 (800) 684-9040