The Computer Support Technician Calgary diploma program in offers you the opportunity to become a skilled member of the IT profession.
As part of the diploma program, you will learn how to effectively field phone and email requests from customers seeking guidance on technical problems, diagnose the problem and patiently walk the customer through the problem-solving process.
You will have the option to write a limited number of certification exams pending course outcomes.
- Learn the basic concepts of computer troubleshooting and repair, hardware components, operation concepts of computers
- Learn to install, configure and troubleshoot computer hardware components
- Learn to install common operating systems including Windows, Linux, and Mac and perform essential administration tasks
- Explore the Linux operation system from the perspective of a system power user and administrator
- Develop your knowledge in Windows Client Configuration including how to install, upgrade and migrate to Windows 10 and working within the Windows 10 operating system
- Gain an overview of security essentials on computers and networks and learn to troubleshoot and resolve any identified security issues
- Includes a course that prepares you to write the ITIL Foundation certification exam
Career opportunities exist for Computer Support Technicians in organizations of all sizes and industries as:
- User Support Technicians
- Technical Help Desk Agents
- Help Desk Analysts
- System Support Representatives
- Help Desk Technicians
- Computer Help Desk Representatives
- Installation Technicians
- PC Support Analysts
You could be earning in less than a year
Lifetime Career Services
Even though you’ll leave Robertson once you graduate, we will support you throughout your career. Our team will help you with resume building, job hunting and interview preparation and will continue to guide you as you advance in your role.
Before you graduate, you’ll be paired with a career specialist in your field who will help you find a meaningful place to start your career. As a graduate, you’ll have lifelong access to student services that are committed to your success and helping you thrive.