Offers 3 summer student research awards to undergraduate students who study at a University outside the Montreal area. These awards are meant to stimulate interest and raise awareness in research in neuroinflammation being done at our CIHR Neuroinflammation Training Program in Montreal. The Training Program includes 16 laboratories in 3 Universities in the Montreal area. They include McGill University, Universite de Montreal and the Universite du Quebec (Institut Armand Frappier). Go to the “Faculty” link to see what types of research are being done in the various participating laboratories.
These awards are also meant to encourage you to undertake graduate studies and pursue a research career in fields related to neuroinflammation.
To be eligible applicants must:
- be Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada from any Canadian Province but studying in a University outside the Montreal area;
- be registered (at the time of application), in a bachelor’s degree at a Canadian University;
- have a cumulative average of at least B+ or 3.5 grade point average
To hold an award, applicants must:
- have completed all the course requirements of at least the first year of university study (or two academic terms) of a bachelor’s degree;
- have been registered in the term immediately before holding the award in a bachelor’s degree program at an eligible university
- not have started a program of graduate studies
- Deadline: March 1st, 2014
- More information at: http://neuroinflammation.com/awards/