The BMO Financial Group’s philanthropic investments include a variety of educational initiatives. They are committed to providing programs needed to benefit the broader community. The BMO Financial Group Diversity Scholarships at Ryerson University will provide enhanced access to post-secondary education for traditionally underrepresented groups including women, visible minorities, international students, students with disabilities and aboriginal student.
BMO Financial Group’s philanthropic investments offers up to 15 scholarships in total.
- Must be from traditionally underrepresented groups including women, visible minorities, international students, students with disabilities and aboriginal students.
- Must be officially enrolled in a four-year full-time undergraduate degree program.
- Students entering first year with a minimum average of 80% in 6 U/M credits or equivalent will be considered for a $1,000 or $2,500 scholarship; students must have been full-time secondary school students during the previous 2013-14 academic year. Deadline: October 1, 2014. Scholarships will be deposited directly to students’ tuition fees RAMMS account.
- Students currently enrolled in second or third year with a minimum 1.67 cumulative grade point average and a clear academic standing will be considered for a $1,000 or $2,500 scholarship. Deadline: March 2, 2015. All scholarships awarded will be deposited directly to students’ tuition fees, for the following academic year.
- Demonstrated financial need reflected in the Budget Form submitted.
- Submission of a personal letter (750 words or less) which describes both successes and challenges experienced while pursuing a postsecondary education and the importance of receiving this scholarship.
- Deadline: October 1, 2014 for students entering first year
- Deadline: March 2, 2015 for students currently in second or third year
- More info at: http://www.ryerson.ca/awards